Who is Eligible for Dental Treatment in FDCP?
Applicants must meet all of the personal, financial and dental need criteria for acceptance into the FDCP program. There are, however, a limited number of applicants that can be accepted into the program at a particular time. For appropriate care the community program can only accept 100 applications at a time before new applicants will be considered. The intention is to process these 100 applicants every 3-4 months.
The three basic criteria to accept patients into the FDCP program include:
- Personal. A complete application form and personal statement must be submitted with all the necessary detail and supplemental information included
- Financial Considerations. Applicants must submit information from CRA NOAs that confirm true financial constraints that prevent appropriate preventative dental services
- Federal Low income levels are used as a cut-off for treatment in the FDCP Program:
- 1 person – $16,750
- 2 persons – $20,000
- 3 persons – $25,000
- 4 persons – $30,000
- 5 persons – $35,000
- 6+ persons – $40,000
- Dental Needs. Applicants must have significant dental disease that has a negative impact on their general health or employment status. For applicants requiring only minimal restorations or presenting with minor dental disease, education will be provided on how to reduce the risk of progression of their dental condition. Significant dental disease to confirm eligibility in FDCP includes any of the following:
- 8 or more teeth affected (multiple restorations required – anterior or posterior)
- Multiple extractions necessary (5+ teeth removed, based on gross caries or periodontal disease)
- Missing or fractured anterior teeth (canine to canine) that pose a barrier to employment
Applicants will be notified within two weeks of submission whether or not they qualify for the FDCP program or not. If unsuccessful, applicants will be informed of the reason, based on the above criteria, and will be made aware of the potential deficiency in the application process.
Download our Application Form and submit the completed form and $50 fee in person to Fundy Dental Centre for qualification into this program.
For more information about the complete program details read: Program Description